Here are HealthCastle.com's top ways to use healthy green foods in a St. Patrick’s Day meal:
- Bump up the taste appeal with sweet green fruits: Apples and pears with the skin on provide loads of fiber, while kiwi is loaded with Vitamin C and potassium and grapes have Vitamins C and K.
- Go for finger foods: Include celery and green pepper sticks and cucumber slices. Some light cream cheese or peanut butter for dipping makes these green foods truly fun.
- Put ‘em on a pizza: Green veggies like peppers and zucchini make great pizza toppings, and even shredded kale can work well and add texture.
- Make a creamy green soup: Mix pureed avocado and chicken broth as a base and add the flavors you like, or go for asparagus. The unique appearance of green soup gets kids curious.
- Wash it down with iced green tea: Don't drink sugar-loaded artificial tea. Try serving real brewed green tea cooled with just a hint of sugar for a great antioxidant boost.
– Tips from HealthCastle.com.