Editor's note: this story has been clarified to show that access to base is considered on an individual basis and depends highly on present security situations.
The only Dunkin Donuts in California is on Camp Pendleton, but you don't have to be a service member to enjoy doughnuts and coffee. Non-Department of Defense ID card holders are allowed on base if the security situation allows it, one official told Patch.
The Base Access office has three requirements to allow a vehicle on base:
• A valid driver license.
• Current Registration.
• Current liability insurance.
Certain people may have difficulty getting on base
• Those with a felony conviction in the past 10 years.
• Those in the country illegaly.
• Those with outstanding criminal warrants.
• Former service members with a dishonorable or a bad conduct discharge.
For a full list of restrictions and answers to other questions, visit the Base Access office page.